Imagine a low maintenance wood that’s perfect for outdoor use, with the performance of the best tropical hardwoods and much more:
The natural beauty and versatility of wood are fundamental to its universal popularity. When properties such as high strength, light weight and good insulation are required, wood becomes the ideal choice for many applications. Unfortunately, these compelling attributes are offset by the susceptibility of many wood species to deterioration, particularly when used outdoors.
Accoya® wood has been thoroughly tested for dimensional stability, durability, UV resistance, paint retention and in-ground conditions to ensure optimal performance. Indeed, it is so reliable that for many years it has been – and continues to be – used by scientists as the benchmark against which other treatments and modifications are measured.
The Accoya® wood production process takes sustainably-sourced, fast growing softwood and, in a non toxic process that ‘enables nature’, creates a new durable, stable and beautiful product – that has the very best environmental credentials.
Accoya® wood is naturally insulating and is more durable and dimensionally stable than other woods.
This means windows do not swell closed, doors continually open freely and shutters maintain their authentic beauty. Accoya® wood may be opaque, translucent or transparent coated, and its lower maintenance requirements increase its cost effectiveness.
- Easier to coat: less preparation and sanding between
- Improved dimensional stability and UV resistance
improves the life of coatings
- Perfect for transparent, translucent and opaque coatings.
- Lasting at least 50 years above ground and 25 years in ground
- The most durable wood possible
- More durable than teak and the world’s other
most durable woods
- Perfect for outdoor use
- Swelling and shrinkage reduced by 75% or more
- Doors and windows open effortlessly year round
- Paints and varnishes last 3 or 4 times longer, greatly reducing maintenance costs
- Accoya® wood is indigestible to insects and microorganisms and
is therefore more resistant to decay
- Barrier to wood-destroying fungi
- Accoya® wood is virtually rot-proof
- Accoya® wood has superior resistance to UV
degradation when translucent coated and its natural
appearance lasts longer
- Accoya® wood is the ultimate substrate and coating
life is increased
Copyright 2011 VinylWindow-Toronto,
All Rights Reserved